Corrupted data file

Johan Pretorius pretoriusjf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 11:06:47 EST 2016

Hi there,

More information:

> Just to check that the correct files are being tried, what is the name
> of the original file and one of the backup files?

   - Carla personal.gnucash
   - Carla personal.gnucash.20151031145316.gnucash

*Operating system*: Windows 7 Professional
*Gnucash version*: 2.6.5 (built from git rev 23d0f79+ on 2014-12-19)
*Data folder*: C:\Users\Decisive Consulting\Documents\CARLA\MMA's Household
*Did they try saving to database*? I just confirmed - no, they never
fiddled with anything like that

Based on the thread you linked to, Tommy - I also looked at folder and file
permissions, they seem fine in that the logged-in user as full control set
up.

One strange thing that is probably an artifact of the recovery process, is
that the security settings for the folder and the file also list an
"Account Unknown (S-1-5-21-...)" that has got full control. I don't expect
that makes any difference though.

Regards,
Johan