LLC equity accounting

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:35:15 EST 2016

It could work that way, but it does lead to a period where the equity is
not 50/50. Since what is happening is that Member A is donating equity in
the form of the commission discount as well as cash, perhaps it could be
recorded that way:

LLC:Equity:Member A -> 10,000 credit
LLC:Assets:UnpaidCommissions -> 3,000 debit
LLC:Assets:Checking -> 10,000 debit

LLC:Equity:Member B -> 10,000 credit
LLC:Assets:Checking -> 10,000 debit

LLC:Assets:Buildings -> 100,000 debit
LLC:Liabilities:Mortgage -> 80,000 credit
LLC:Assets:Checking -> 17,000 credit
LLC:Assets:UnpaidCommissions -> 3,000 credit

You could even combine the first two transactions, if they happened
contemporaneously, to completely eliminate a break from 50/50 split.
I am uncertain as to the name of the "UnpaidCommissions" account. There may
be a better name to call it.