Is there a solution to the verification race condition on mac?

bunk3m bunk3m at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 23:05:13 EST 2016

Very strange story similar to tanjao and Michael re "Installing on iMac".

I used 2.6.9-1 on my MBP about 10 days ago without problem.

I noticed in the list the release of 2.6.11-1 so I downloaded it today
and installed it as I always do. (drag and drop the app & files into
Applications).

I opened Gnucash and got the verification window which never goes way.
My MBP fans start screaming.  So I start up htop and I see a process
starting to using 200-300% of the processor and eating up more and more
memory.  When I killed the Gnucash app, it was approaching 8GB RAM and
15GB Virtual memory.

So I deleted 2.6.11-1 and reinstalled 2.6.9-1.  Unfortunately 2.6.9-1
now has the same behaviour.

I restarted the MBP and tried to start 2.6.9-1 again hoping I could
complete some accounting entries and the race condition starts all over
again.

I'm on a 2015 MBP; OS 10.10.5; Quad i7.

I noticed this issue has been outlined by a couple of people so was
wondering if there is a solution?

Thanks in advance.
B.
PS on digest mode so please cc me directly.