Install upgrade from 2.6.1 to any other verison fails

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:00:49 EST 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Pedro Albuquerque <
palbuquerque73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem, so I stayed with 2.6.1 until this new release,
> 2.6.11. I decided to give it another try.
>
> What I did:
> - uninstall GC 2.6.1 via software center (I installed it from there);
> - sudo apt-get remove --purge aqbanking*
> - sudo apt-get remove --purge guile*
> - followed Jonh's recomendation and removed folder .cache/guile;
> - installed getdeb repository via software center, using their deb
> package;
> - sudo apt-get update
> - installed GC via software center using their deb package;
> Every thing is running perfectly;
>
> Hope this helps you. I should say that I'm a fairly new Linux user and
> this all is still a bit confusing to me, but it did work, check it out:
>

> I use Ubuntu 14.01 LTS in a old 32 bit machine.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro.

Yes, from my reading, removing ~.cache/guile will correct crashes when
upgrading from GnuCash 2.6.0, 2.6.1, 2.6.3 or 2.6.4. After upgrading to
2.6.5 or higher you should not need to delete the directory any more.

(Note that .cache is a "hidden" directory so it may not normally appear in
your directory listings.)

See:

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2015-September/061805.html