Install upgrade from 2.6.1 to any other verison fails

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:05:51 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 10:51:51 -0800
> Neal Lithwick <nlithwick at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I did press on a little further then you suggested because I have
> > removed gnucash-common previously to no avail. So this is what I did
> >
> > I installed all packages that seemed to be missing:
>
> Neal, I see you getting more entangled. It is a really good idea to
> follow Colin's instructions, because you are 9in what we used to call
> "dependency hell"
> The package manager should handle all of this. Please remove what you
> have done, and go back to Colin's instructions.

I agree, and suggest Neal might also want to check his repository
designations (for example, did he accidentally activate a repository
containing the wrong architecture, such as 64 bit when his machine is 32
bit or vice versa).

It's also possible the system isn't connected correctly to the proper
repositories, and that's why the dependencies aren't being met.

When you issue this command:

$ sudo apt-get update

does it spew out errors about missing repositories?