Beginner Issues with GNUCash

soulrade bosemajor at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 17 20:54:20 EST 2016

Thanks for your reply. My issue is my entire process involves tonnes of
transfers. Almost 5 different stages for each transactions. Several
transactions a day, alot of the time same amounts too.

Bank CR
Paypal GBP DB
Paypal GBP CR
Paypal USD DB
Paypal USD CR

I heavily rely on each transaction holding its detail so I can track which
payments have come through, which payments have been held and which payments
have been released and which ones have been refunded.

Now if every single transaction in a single day ends up with the same date,
same description.
Or several days with the same description, I literally have no way of
knowing or reconciling which payments belong to which and if right
transactions have gone to the right place, because they all look the same.

I'm only importing about 2000 lines as a test and already I can't tell which
is which because the data is lost or combined into one so can't see what the
details were for each side of the transaction. Plus they all are exactly the
same.

As far as I can see most online accounting packages allow you to keep
descriptions for each side of the DR/CR. So if one side CR is Bank it keeps
the bank data and if the other side is Paypal it keeps the Paypal Data

Hmmmm I can see this becoming a big headache because when I come back to
check if certain transactions have been processed, or 6 months down the
lines come back to check if a transaction was fed through I can't because
they all are the same.