running concurrent gnucashes with one database

Adrian Mariano radian at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 08:32:14 EST 2016

Unless I have a way of forcing it to quit from another machine
(e.g. logging in and running kill on it), this isn't enough to solve
the problem, really.  Can gnucash give up its lock if you click
"save" so that I could switch to a different invocation without
closing the first one?

It takes so long to start gnucash that having to be constantly
starting it and quitting it is not appealing.