Child Transactions in Parent Register

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Wed Jan 20 11:11:53 EST 2016

Hi All,
  Is there any way to make GnuCash show me all the child transactions in a parent register? I am keeping the books for a small nonprofit and we have received a donation earmarked for costumes. Since we only have one checking account, I deposited the check there, but I would like to see how much of the "costume fund" is left. I set up a child account of the checking account in GnuCash and have moved all the transactions related to costumes to that child account. Now my main checking account balance on the Accounts page matches the bank, but the register balance does not match because it does not show the transactions related to costumes.

  Ideally, I would like to be able to see the balance and transactions related to just the costumes in one view and the balance and transactions related to the "general fund" (everything that is not costume related) in another window and all the transactions in another window so I can balance the checking account against the bank's numbers. Is that possible?

Best,
John