Report Error/Anomaly PROBLEM

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 16:41:03 EST 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com>
wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I am attempting to generate a transaction report for an account, however,
> several transactions are
> misidentified. They point to a completely bogus memo/note field. Yet the
> transaction itself shows the
> proper information when I click on the hyperlink amount value for the
> transaction.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 14.04 with all the latest update applied, The version
> of Gnucash I am using is
> 2.6.1.
>
> Can anyone point me in the correct direction to resolve this issue?

Hi -- the first thing I would suggest is to check the transaction(s)
carefully. If you click the link to go to the transaction, I presume it's
showing the single-line or double-line transaction WITHOUT "splits." If you
open the "split" view, you will probably find that the text is coming from
a note attached to one of the split lines.

I run into this all the time -- split notes get populated in transactions
by autocompletion and I don't notice them until I run a report.