Can Gnucash Be Used As Single Entry?

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sun Jan 24 11:50:14 EST 2016

JL,

Before you go any further, I suggest you spend a little time learning what
double entry accounting means and why it is universally used by accountants
for keeping a set books for both personal and business entities. Here is
one link I found when googling for "double entry accounting tutorial".
There are 242,000 more entries if this one is not to your liking.
http://simplestudies.com/double-entry-accounting-system.html.

Once the idea of double entry accounting is clearer to you, then I would go
through the GnuCash tutorial -
http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.4/C/gnucash-guide.pdf and you will see that
the user interface that GnuCash uses to create a double entry accounting
system is very easy and quick to use for entering transactions, reconciling
your accounts against bank statements, preparing tax statements for
yourself or your Accountant, and reporting the activities of your business
to any other interested parties.

A couple of hours invested now learning the basic concepts will make this
project much easier going forward.

Mark