How do I create a calendar year expense report?

Michael Wagner mikepwagner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 20:44:48 EST 2016

I tracked all of my personal income/expenses this year in gnucash, with
the goal of being able to answer questions like, "How much did I spend
on gas this year?"

I am trying to figure out how to create a report of all of my income for
the year. I assume that this is a simple task that a lot of people want
to do, but  I can't figure out how to do it.

I tried generating a, "Income &  Expense" Cash Flow report, with dates
01/01/2015 - 12/31/2015, but many of the numbers are wrong. For example,
the Cash Flow report days that I spent $3.64 on Auto:Gas, but the
account (correctly) says I spent $3638.40.

How do I generate a report of all my expenses for a calendar year in
gnucash?

Don't accountants generally want to do this? Am I thinking of question
in the wrong way?

Mike