Liabilities debits and credits swapped in General Ledger

James Thorpe James at fusionsystems.co.za
Mon Jan 25 02:48:48 EST 2016

Hi All

Sorry to re-post but I didn't see this get into the digest.

So I've been trying to export my transactions to send to my accountant
to prepare financial statements. I've used the General Ledger report
(Assets and Liabilities-> General Ledger report) of GnuCash 2.6.10 on
Windows.

I then save the output to html and open in Excel. Mostly this works.
However, with a particular account (of type Liability), it seems the
debits and credits are swapped in the report.

The following link is to a folder with screenshots showing the account
register and the report. You will observe that the figures that are in
the credit column in the account register show up in the debit column of
the report and vice versa.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B62keGjTUPd7eGtYM204QW1WOFk&usp=sharing

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any advice will be most welcome