Entering cash-back purchases

wastaelens at aol.com wastaelens at aol.com
Mon Jan 25 14:33:01 EST 2016

Maf,
Open GnuCash, Select Edit in the top row, then
 select Preferences from the drop-down menu,
then in Preferences, select Register Defaults.
from the drop-down menu select Double Line mode.
I prefer to run also in Auto-split mode (in the same drop-down menu) but you may not.  Try the others and run the mode you like best.
You may also prefer to set the display to Leaf Line only, which will display only the account name you have chosen and will not display the parent (tree) account names in the line before your account name.  Hover the cursor over these choices and GnuCash will pop up a brief explanation of what they do.

 Will S.