OFX Note Propagation

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:05:53 EST 2016

Wondering how David could detect whether the FITID was or was not
propagated...

There may be another factor in the equation.  I almost never use the Update
button during OFX imports specifically because it adds that note instead of
just leaving the existing note in the existing transaction.  I happen to
like to change the dates to match the bank's date and use Reconcile (or
whatever word GnuCash uses) instead, but most people would prefer not to
change dates because that deletes a trail to monitor 'float'.

David C