Sharing customers between GnuCash files

Benjamin Soffer (SLF) bsoffer at soffer-law.com
Sat Jan 30 18:16:06 EST 2016

I guess Wm is just way smarter than I am, because I am missing Wm's points.
Having a separate file for each of possibly dozens of clients with trust
accounts wul likely create more work than just having accounts for them all
within the same file where all the law firm's transcations are recorded.  I
have one IOLTA checking accounts (one top level equity account), where all
my clients' money is deposited, under which I have a subaccount for each
client to keep track of that client's transactions.  Since it's not the
firm's equity, I have cooresponding liability accounts.  If there is a more
efficient way to do this, I'd sincerely like to know how.