What is the definition of a "Simple 2" transaction.

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 13:42:57 EST 2016

I originally didn’t follow the comments regarding “another simple 2 transaction,” mostly because I was looking at the first paragraph of 4.3, which reads:

"Every transaction in GnuCash has at least two splits, but a transaction can have more than two splits. A transaction with only two splits is called a simple transaction, since it only involves the current account and a single remote account. A transaction with three or more accounts is called a split transaction.”

I think that sets out a clear (although partially implied) distinction between simple and split transactions.

I am glad you were able to sort it out to your satisfaction.

David