Account numbers in a Report

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Sun Jan 31 20:20:20 EST 2016

How do I display the account number in a report? When a Trial Balance is
open and I click on edit->report options, I don't get an option to
select column titles and data.

Since I tried to enter a sample transaction for paying the rent, when I
entered rent under transfer, I got a message telling the the account
does not exist.  First I thought that gc was expecting me to enter Rent
vs. rent, but, no.  When I went to the Accounts list, where I have
entered my chart of accounts, rent was there. So when I entered 6130, in
the transaction transfer column, up popped rent.  By the way, when I had
entered rent, which could not be found, I clicked on the button in the
transfer column, where I expected to be shown those accounts with the
word rent in them. Not a chance.  I got my complete chart of accounts,
which I had to scroll through to find rent.

This is why the Account Numbers (Account Code in GC) is so important.

If it is important, I am running xubuntu 15.04 LTS and GC 2.6.1 (build
date 2/19/14), the most recent version that Unbuntu has in the repository.

John