Business - How to Not use Invoices?

John Whitmore arigead at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 12:09:49 EDT 2016

I'm running my business accounts with gnucash but I've just hit a strange
problem when I tried to create a new bill. Gnucash won't allow me to post a
Bill I've just created because:

"No Account selected. Please try again."

But it's not allowing me to select an account. I've never seen this behaviour
before and no idea how I got this to happen.

One other question I have is that in my business I've been creating Bills in
gnucash for all my business transactions even though I'm actually purchasing
things directly with a company credit card. This has worked up till now but
now I'm doing more "casual" purchases. So I might buy fuel or food if I'm away
on a job and charge it on the company credit card. But I now have to enter a
vendor for each of these transactions.

I assume that maybe given there's VAT, or Sales Tax, on all these purchases I'll
maybe have to process the transactions through Bills?