Online quotes works for stock but not for currencies

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Jul 6 16:55:45 EDT 2016

On Wednesday 06 July 2016 02:23:38 James E wrote:
> John wrote
>
> "Yes, as a first step you absolutely should use gnc-fq-update to bring
> your Finance::Quote up to date. The current version is 1.38. Nearly
> all of the changes since 1.17 have been to keep up with changes to
> the various websites from which it gets data."
>
> I tried to run the command  " Sudo gnc-fq-update "   but it failed .
> See log :
>
> jm at jm-OptiPlex-9020:/$ sudo gnc-fq-update
> [sudo] password for jm:
> sudo: gnc-fq-update: command not found
> jm at jm-OptiPlex-9020:/$
>
> Do you suggest that  I  now  get a more recent version  of of GnuCash
> from getdeb: http://www.getdeb.net/software/gnucash . I assume that
> this will have a more recent version of Finance:Quote.

I doubt that. Getdeb provides a more recent version of gnucash. Finance::Quote however is an
independent package. I don't see it in the getdeb repositories and certainly not in
http://www.getdeb.net/software/gnucash

While it's good to get a more recent version of gnucash, this alone will not solve your quotes
downloading issue.

I'm not on Ubuntu, so I can't help you much further. There are other users who are and may
be able to offer better support. Otherwise you can also ask around on the Ubuntu forums.

Regards,

Geert