Inadvertent data file loss

Hass, Michael mh at drivedp.com
Wed Jul 13 14:55:01 EDT 2016

I recently moved my entire GnuCash data folder to a new drive and
opened what appears to be the wrong file. The most recent transactions
in any file I open are almost a year old. I have what I believe to be
all the .log files but I can't restore my day-old data file by
copy-paste-rename instructions I've seen online. Have I permanently
deleted everything?

My confusion, I think, is that I have a file that is XXXX.gnucash and
one called XXX.gnucash.YYYY.gnucash and I can't tell which is more
recent (I opened the one that seemed to have the latest timestamp in
the file name).

I back up everything to the cloud each day so I think I can recover
most of anything.