Anyone know if GnuCash can import ofx bank transactions from Australian ING Direct bank?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 14 10:08:16 EDT 2016

Chris,

"Chris Good" <chris.good at ozemail.com.au> writes:

[snip]
> Without the bank account identifying info, GnuCash doesn't find any
> transactions to import.
> After I manually added them to my file, the .ofx transactions imported fine.
> I'll write a script to add the missing BANKACCTFROM info and also ensure the
>
> FITID is unique for every transaction within an account.

Note that the FITID has to be *globally* unique within the account.
GnuCash remembers/stores the FITID of imported transactions and uses it
to detect duplicates.  So you need to make sure that you never re-use
the same FITID, ever, for a particular account.