Multi currency Transactions cannot be exported from the Android App - Why?

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 11:16:37 EDT 2016

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 10:11:38 -0400, in gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike Stillingfleet <mikestillingfleet at fastmail.co.uk> writes:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> The Android App supports multi currency transactions in exactly the same
>> way as the Windows version of GNU Cash.
>>
>> However when I export these transactions to drop box for uploading into
>> my desk top version of GNU Cash it exports everything except any multi
>> currency transactions which are ignored and dumped. They do not go to
>> the exported file neither are they left in the Android App (assuming you
>> opted to delete exported transactions).
>>
>> I cannot understand why this should be.
>>
>> Why would you permit multi currency transactions to be entered into the
>> Android App and then prevent them from being unloaded to the desk top?
>>
>> I have a work around, cack handed it may be, but it works for me. Now I
>> have created accounts on the phone such as Cash in Wallet - Euro -
>> Phone. I keep the currency on these accounts as GBP. This means that the
>> transactions entered in the local currency are included in the export.
>>
>> When I have uploaded the transactions on the desk top I edit each
>> transaction to move it into it's appropriate currency account and update
>> the conversion rate as appropriate for each transaction.
>>
>> Are there any plans to include Multi Currency Transactions in the export
>> of transactions from the Android App?
>
> The Android App, while using our name, is an unrelated project and not
> maintained by us.  You will have to go to their support site and ask
> them directly.
>
> Sorry,

To add to general thoughts on this I'm less certain of the connection
between the two bits of software now than I was a year ago.

My example is that I introduced the incumbent manager (person changes most
years) at a non-profit to GnuCash for Android both last year and this year,
last year the person saw a connection, this year they didn't.

This year's manager said they'd record stuff their own way and I made a few
saved reports for them instead, all happy.

--
Wm