GAAP

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 23:29:44 EDT 2016

Wm,

Here in the US, our Internal Revenue Service expects ordinary individuals
to use cash accounting and businesses to use accrual accounting in
preparing our tax returns.  That seems to always work in their favor when
there are questions about which year a bonus was earned or paid, for
example.  It is an example of ways our government forces us to hire
expensive accountants and lawyers at tax time, instead of relying on cheap
or even free software like GnuCash.  I imagine other jurisdictions also
have their own quirks.

David C