Experiences with Calc2QIF?

RBWise45 rbwise45 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 10:32:17 EDT 2016

I have an Excel format file exported from QuickBooks that I need to
bring into GnuCash. There is a utility out there, Calc2QIF version 1.03,
but I'm reluctant to just run out and get it. There is an exchange in
this forum that concerns me --

      May 03, 2015; 10:38am    Calc2QIF install tips?   Allan
      Any tips for getting the Calc2QIF macro from
http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/xl2qif_en.php working in LibreOffice 4.2.8.2?

Apparently that did not end well, and I certainly do not have the
technical skills to go into the weeds should something happen to me.

Anyone out there have recent experience with it using Open Office? I'm
running GnuCash 2.6.9 and Open Office 4.1.2 on a Windows 7 machine.

Thank you all in advance

---