Fixing confused bayesian matching data?

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 16:31:57 EDT 2016

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 19:43:49 -0400, in gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,
Philip Matthews <philip_matthews at magma.ca> wrote:

>> You can carefully edit out the match data from your file if you insist. Make a backup or two first and test carefully after your edit!
>
> I have already done a couple of hand-editing experiments, but there is just too many slots (pages and pages and pages) to make that effective.

You probably don't want to keep the results of all your experiments

> Wm wrote:
>> Notwithstanding JohnR's reply are these one off getting-your-accounts-started transactions or something you're going to be
>> doing on a regular basis?  I'd have thought different answers required depending.
>
> It has been going on for a while now, and I still have more changes I would like to do. So yes, I think I need a good solution.

You don't want the hangover of umpteen import experiments in your data file
when you eventually decide to get going.

My advice to data capable people is to massage your input to match the
destination, keep doing that until it works.  You're going to be using (or
should be planning to use) the eventual file for longer than the xfer so
your concern should be destination cleanliness not xfer efficiency.

If your data is messy consider running it through one of what I consider to
be a co-joined family of neutral text formats that are accounting aware
from the ledger-cli family.  There are tools in a variety of languages for
getting in and out of gnc.

The point being that csv, etc formats commonly used for exchanging
financial information don't necessarily encompass complete transactions; at
import before getting going that is generally what you have unless you've
been using a single legged excuse for an accounting system.

--
Wm