Investments (Mutual Funds)

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 16:08:05 EDT 2016

On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Beryn Neeley <neeleyb1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have established Mutual Fund accounts under the investments account.
> Initially, I entered the dollar value of the fund balances as the number of
> shares and I entered the price as $1.00 to display the correct total value
> of the investment portfolio.  A few days later, I obtained the detail
> information on the number of units (shares) of each fund and their
> respective prices.  When I keyed in the number of units and the applicable
> prices, I saw that the number of units was displayed on that accounts tab
> where I expected to see the $-value of the portfolio.  To maintain the
> correct balances, I re-entered the transactions as I did originally (with a
> price of $1.00).
>
> Kindly assist me in understanding how to setup these investments.
>
> With regard to loans, I went through a process to setup the loan payments
> but I am not confident in how this is supposed to work.  I expected to
> setup a loan and expected that the loan payments would flow from it.  I
> actually set up the loan balances as accounts.  Please provide guidance on
> setting up loans and their payments.
>
> Regards,
> Beryn

Found this in my junk folder - a good illustration of why you should not
send questions to individuals and just hope for the best..

I've forwarded this to the user list, gnucash-user at gnucash.org, where it
should have been sent in the first place. Sign up at gnucash.org and send
all questions there. The list is active and responsive(, unlike myself).