Account associations with Description are not "remembered"

Lincoln A Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Sun Jul 24 17:32:53 EDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-07-19 at 12:08 -0400, Brooks Bridges wrote:
> Derek, you nailed my problem - for some reason I didn't even notice
> the
> intermediate window - so anxious to see results - damn cracks in
> sidewalk.
> I tried a test case just now changing in that window and all works.
> Thanks .

Derek,

I think I know the answer to this because I could not find any
references to the Imbalance accounts in my Bayes slot data, But, if one
leaves the transactions unmatched in the import window and finishes, as
Brooks did, does the importer store Bayesian slot data weighting the
next imported transactions toward matching the Imbalance accounts? If
so, I could update my gc_prune_bayes_data.pl script to explicitly
remove any slot data referencing the Imbalance accounts.

Brooks: FYI, the script I referenced can help GC forget the sins of the
past,  It can even remove all slot data, so you can start over if you
want.  If you are interested, message me, and I'll post the most recent
version.

In the mean time, it seems there may be little more interest than I
first thought.  Chris Good reached out to me about providing a more
easily found, reference copy of these scripts. (referenced on the
Wiki). I'm thinking about creating a github repository for them, and
maybe uploading to CPAN. (www.cpan.org).  There is already a GnuCash
top level namespace there, and GnuCash::Utilties is not taken. If you
the most recent versions these scripts, send me a message.

Lincoln