Account associations with Description are not "remembered"

Lincoln A Baxter lab at lincolnbaxter.com
Mon Jul 25 20:26:02 EDT 2016

On Mon, 2016-07-25 at 10:30 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lincoln A Baxter <lab at lincolnbaxter.com> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 2016-07-19 at 12:08 -0400, Brooks Bridges wrote:
> >> Derek, you nailed my problem - for some reason I didn't even
> notice
> >> the
> >> intermediate window - so anxious to see results - damn cracks in
> >> sidewalk.
> >> I tried a test case just now changing in that window and all
> works.
> >> Thanks .
> >
> > Derek,
> >
> > I think I know the answer to this because I could not find any
> > references to the Imbalance accounts in my Bayes slot data, But, if
> one
> > leaves the transactions unmatched in the import window and
> finishes, as
> > Brooks did, does the importer store Bayesian slot data weighting
> the
> > next imported transactions toward matching the Imbalance accounts?
> If
> > so, I could update my gc_prune_bayes_data.pl script to explicitly
> > remove any slot data referencing the Imbalance accounts.
>
> I *BELIEVE* that it will not "learn" from unmatched
> transactions.  But
> I'm not 100% sure.  And if you *tell* it to go to Imbalance then it
> will
> definitely learn that.  I'm not sure what triggers the learning,
> specifically.  If might be "an account is assigned to the
> transaction",
> which could also imply implicitly assigned accounts.

This makes sense to me, snce I know I have allowed transactions to go
to Imbalance accounts, yet I have no references to them in my bayes
slot data.  I will explicit assign one to the Imbalance account the
next time I import... then I'll verify this behavior, and verify a
mechanism for removing that slot reference.