Setting up an investment account

Elmar Schmeisser eschmeisser at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 26 12:35:03 EDT 2016

I understand the double entry, which is why have have an account for
invested cash with which to buy the shares I hold.  I have the shares
set to trade at 1/10000, which should be enough decimal places (shares
are reported to 4 places). I can set the accounts screen to show "total
(USD)" as well as "total", so I see value as well as shares, so that is
no problem.

How do I turn trading accounts off since that is what seems to be
messing up my entry?  You seem to want me to tab over the price column,
and put the dollar value in the buy column right? Whenever I try to
remove the imbalance line (remove split), GC will not allow me to leave
the transaction and pops up the rebalance window again, and again, and
again ....

- Elmar