Bug in new version? Unable to post to Accounts Receivable

karen Yvon karen_myb at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 06:18:21 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded to 2.6.13 and I'm having problems with posting invoices. I've been using the previous version for a few months now and I've never had this problem.

After creating an invoice and clicking the Post button (good job on creating a button just for that btw), the "Post to" field in the pop up window is empty, and I am unable to select my Accounts Receivable account. The only option available to me is to create a new account. If I create a new Accounts Receivable account, the problem happens all over again for the next invoice ie Gnucash pretends I don't already have 2 a/r accounts already. I can't possibly create a new A/R account every single time I want to post an invoice.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the program but there are no changes. Anybody have a solution or does this mean I need to downgrade back to 2.4.15?  I read all the threads but didn't see anything about this. If i missed a previous discussion on this, my apologies and please direct me to the solution. Thank you! This is preventing me from working...

Karen