Deposit / Withdrawl problem

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 06:16:40 EDT 2016

Please use Reply All when replying to posts on this list so the reply
does not only go to the previous sender, I am forwarding it to the
list.  See also comments below.

On 31 May 2016 at 23:43, Eric Jokinen <evjokinen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> I appreciate the responses from gnu cash. You're the third person to reach
> out to me. To answer your question every withdrawal I had ever answered
> became deposits and vice versa.
> I'm not sure what I did. I restarted the program a few times and rebooted
> the computer too. Then Sunday afternoon I just clicked the checkbook option
> and it was all back to normal. So obviously something on my end and like you
> said maybe I clicked that type of option in error the previous time.
> Regardless it's working now.

Unfortunately you have not answered the question I asked, namely what
you mean by withdrawals becoming deposits.  For example was it that
the column headings changed, or the entries in the register switched
columns?  Or the sign of the amount changed from positive to negative
and vice versa?  Also did the final balance show the correct amount or
was it negated?  Did this apply to both bank accounts and credit card
accounts?

Also what checkbook option is it that you are referring to that
apparently fixed it?

Colin