UI Looks Different on Different PCs

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jun 2 10:07:08 EDT 2016

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 6:59 AM, Cheryl Wheeler <c_wheeler_2002 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> Because first, it is not at all clear to me that the theme selecter changes icons and scroll bar styles, and second, I *definitely* don't expect the register color settings to change icons and scroll bar styles. Am I wrong about that?
>
> On 2016-06-02 9:56 AM, John Ralls wrote:
>>> On Jun 2, 2016, at 5:58 AM, Cheryl Wheeler <c_wheeler_2002 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>>>
>>> No. PC #2 is using the default theme and register colors.

>> So why exactly do you expect the two to look the same?

You're wrong about the theme selector. Themes are what provide the "stock" (i.e., not GnuCash specific) icons. Themes also control the general appearance of the the UI including scrollbars, window borders, menu fonts and decorations, and quite a bit else. Google "gtk2 themes" and browse a couple of the resulting sites to see the immense differences in UI appearance possible.

Regards,
John Ralls