Security Prices

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jun 2 23:16:13 EDT 2016

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 12:07 PM, michael <mjchurchil at aol.com> wrote:
>
> I am using 2.6.12 on Linux Mint 64-bit.  I tried to add a new security and get quotes from Yahoo USA.  I am doing this for other securities.  The Price Editor display shows the source as user-price not Finance::Quote; even though the new security is set up the same as the older securities that show Finance::Quote as the source.
>
> Is this another symptom of the security price editor bug that causes a crash?  Mike

Probably not. It's because since 2.6.8 GnuCash stores only one price per day and replaces that price according to a hierarchy, with user-price being the highest. Try retrieving prices tomorrow and if the new security is set up correctly you'll get a Finance::Quote price recorded.

Regards,
John Ralls