How to modify the default invoice

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Tue Jun 7 10:52:29 EDT 2016

I, too, would like to be able to change the default invoice. I found several mentions of doing this online and I've made some headway, but I have not yet reached my goal. At this point, the invoice I have is tolerable, so I have been trying to make the invoice I have created be the invoice used when I click the Print Invoice button on an invoice. The discussion reported at <http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user/51015> suggests that GnuCash 2.6 would have the ability to select a customized invoice as the default invoice. This new feature was supposed to appear in the Business tab of the GnuCash preferences. Alas, while there is a dropdown menu there to select a default invoice, it does not include my customized invoice. What am I doing wrong?

  In case it matters, I'm using GnuCash 2.6.5 on MacOS X Yosemite (10.10.5) on a 2014 MacBook Pro.

  Another respondent to that conversation suggested that the recommended practice is to just keep the customized invoice open and update the invoice number each time one wants to send and invoice. This does work, but it is a bit kludgy to have to keep an extra tab open all the time.

Thanks,
John