OFX Connection Troubles with Fifth Third

Ben Hopple nebabon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:31:50 EDT 2016

Hi All

I'm attempting to move over to GnuCash from Quicken and I'm having
difficulty getting the online part to work correctly.  I've set up the
account correctly (I think) and can connected and discover what accounts I
have with Fifth Third (they all show up correctly).  When I attempt to
connect directly and pull down a balance or transaction info, I get the
following message:

"AqBanking v5.5.1.0stable
Sending jobs to the bank(s)
Locking user John_Doe
Sending request...
Connecting to server...
Resolving hostname "banking.53.com" ...
IP address is "xxx.xx.xxx.xx"
Connecting to "banking.53.com"
Connected to "banking.53.com"
Using old SSL preparation code.
TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:RSA-AES-256-CBC:SHA256
Connected.
Sending message...
Message sent.
Waiting for response...