Expired certificates on doc packages links in gnucash.org website.

Jim DeLaHunt from.gnucash at jdlh.com
Wed Jun 8 05:47:57 EDT 2016

GnuCash.org admins:

I am getting an SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE from the documentation
links on the gnucash.org web site. Firefox reports the certificates as
having expired on 2. June 2016, six days ago.

The GnuCash Documentation page on the website,
<http://gnucash.org/docs.phtml>, contains links to:

  *

    The Help Manual <http://gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?doc=help>

  *

    The Tutorial and Concepts Guide
    <http://gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?doc=guide>

When I click on either of these links, Firefox displays a message in the
frame where the document should appear. It reads,

    Your connection is not secure

    The owner of www.gnucash.org has configured their website
    improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox
    has not connected to this website.

    Learn more…

    www.gnucash.org uses an invalid security certificate.

    The certificate expired on June 2, 2016 at 12:43. The current time
    is June 8, 2016 at 02:42.

    Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

The URL for the frame is an https:, not http: protocol. The containing
page is plain http, not https. Interestingly, the originating links are
plain http, not https.

I can reproduce this problem using Firefox 46.0.1 or Safari 9.1.1, both
on Mac OS X 10.10.

--
   --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com   http://blog.jdlh.com/ (and jdlh.com)
     multilingual websites consultant. GnuCash 2.6.11 on MacOS X 10.10.

       157-2906 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6K 2G8, Canada
          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953