Unable to create new Namespace in Price Editor

Jonathan Wells jon.wells at yakka.ca
Wed Jun 8 11:21:53 EDT 2016

I am trying to create a new Namespace in the Price Editor in order to
create a commodity for recording vehicle miles at $0.xx cents per mile.
The Namespace would be entered as "MILEAGE".

As I understand it, I should be able to type a new Namespace directly
into the Namespace box in the Price Editor Add Form and it should be
created when the commodity is saved to the database.

I can type into the Namespace box OK.  However, as soon as I tab out of
the Namespace box (ie Namespace box loses the focus) , the Namespace
reverts to the last value it had.  This is always a value that is on the
drop down list  (CURRENCY, FUND, NASDAQ, NYSE etc).

For instance, the value in the Namespace box is "CURRENCY" when I open
the Add price dialogue.  I overtype "CURRENCY" with "MILEAGE".  I tab
out of the Namespace field.  The valu of the Namespace textbox reverts
to "CURRENCY".

Am I missing a step somewhere ?  I'm using GnuCash 2.6.12 on Windows 7.

Thanks!

Jon