External Program

Mark Mercer markm at woodjoint.ca
Wed Jun 8 22:17:30 EDT 2016

Hi, I am setting up gnucash to manage my small business using MySQL.  I
am a programmer.  I want to write my own program for generating sales
receipts and I am trying to have that program insert the sale into the
gnucash database just as if gnucash had create it itself.  But I believe
there is something about the guid that allows gnucash to differentiate
records it has created from ones it has not because nothing I create
externally is showing up in gnucash.

Does anyone know of a way I can do this?  If I just need to use the
correct function to generate a valid guid please let me know what file I
should look at to figure out how to do that.  Thanks.

Mark Mercer