My Messages Go to Spam

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Fri Jun 10 13:22:56 EDT 2016

On 10 June 2016 at 9:34, John Ralls said:

> > On Jun 10, 2016, at 9:26 AM, Fred Bone <Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 10 June 2016 at 11:55, Oon-Ee Ng said:
> >
> >> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 11:52 PM, Fred Bone <Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com>
> >> wrote: > On 8 June 2016 at 10:52, David T. said: > >> Indeed. Thanks
> >> for the confirmation. I see that when this came up in 2014, >> Derek
> >> had indicated that the appropriate Mailman patches would need to be >>
> >> installed. >> >> I don’t plan to change my subscription at
> >> Gnucash-users, so let this be >> an alert to gmail subscribers: if you
> >> want to see all the messages from >> gnucash-users, add a whitelist
> >> entry for the list. > > Or switch to MIME-Digest mode.
> >>
> >> Not a satisfactory solution both for the recipient and for the list,
> >> replies to digests tend to be troublesome to parse.
> >
> > Why? They are no different from responses to single messages. That is
> > the whole point.
>
> Not exactly. When replying to a digest one should change the subject and
> edit the quoted text to match the one message in the digest to which one
> is replying.

Wrong. The whole point is that one is reading a single message at a time,
and replying to it is therefore no different from what it would be if
receiving non-digested messages. With the sole exception that most
digestifiers fail to include the References: header, which can mess up
threading ... but then many mail readers can't cope with it anyway.

You may be thinking of plaintext digests.