Import customers re visited

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 16:29:40 EDT 2016

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 11:47:25 -0600, in gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,
Wendell <wkrause at ncodesys.com> wrote:

> Hello all
> I am still trying to import customers into GNU via Sqlite. Lewis has
> published a page to help people like me, however it does bot work for
> me. I am using Ubuntu with the latest updates and GNU also with the
> latest updates.
> I suppose that during this time I could have re entered all of the
> customers (325), But I still want to be able to help myself.

Importing directly into an SQL db is not ever likely to work nicely unless
you really know what you are doing, this is even more so for things on the
business side of GnuCash.

I'd have thought the obvious way to go would be to dump your customers from
SQLite to text and proceed with a normal import procedure using a
spreadsheet along the way as needed.  In fact this is exactly what Lewis
does presuming my quick scan of
www.keywild.com/gnucash/GNUCashSQLiteReports.pdf
is what we are talking about.

More generally "it's not working for me" doesn't provide much clue in how
to help you.

--
Wm