Outdated SSL Certificate for https://www.gnucash.org

Xavier Lagraula detunizedgravity at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:02:34 EDT 2016

Le jeu. 16 juin 2016 à 22:31, Wm <tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> a écrit :

> On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 08:47:44 +0000, in gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user,
> Xavier Lagraula <detunizedgravity at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hm. No. This is not what I meant. I am well aware of the arguments you
> are
> > making here. My problem is not that I trust my browser more than my own
> > judgment. My problem is that I know no practical and reasonable way to
> > apply my judgement, and I must make do with what my browser will allow.
>
> I call you a foolish person in the nicest possible way.

I happen to be too sleep deprived right now to properly differentiate
humour from sarcasm or insult, so after this one and only answer I'll try
and refrain from further answers to anything that remotely looks like any
of these. It would not end well and I see no legit reason to waste
everyone's time.

> > To be precise I have tried with both the latest stable versions of FF and
> > Edge, and neither allowed me to set an exception in the usual way.
>
> Are you in a country that mistakenly restricts access to the internet for
> the benefit of their citizens?  FF latest works for me as well as JohnR
> (I'm in the UK and he is in the USA I think).

See my answer to John Rails for the explanation. As much as I like my daily
dose of healthy paranoïa and unwarranted trolling, I must say that it is a
technical issue, unfortunately.

> > Maybe I
> > could have lowered my security settings, but I question the relevance of
> > such a choice. The fact that *I*, as an I.T. security consultant, may be
> > able to find how to do it and live with the consequences, does not
> > necessarily make it a reasonable course of action for everyone.
>
> Hmmn.  My posts to this list get moderated so it is probably best that I
> didn't notice that you are an I.T. security consultant.

Considering that I am definitely not ashamed by my (previous, BTW) job and
skillset, and considering what you imply here, I agree, it is probably
best. You're disrespectful enough already from my tired brain's standpoint.

> I hope you find a better browser by the end of the day.  FF is pretty good,
> BTW.
>
> FF is what I use daily. I only tried Edge for comparison purpose. I did
not check exhaustively, but it seems reasonable to believe that all major
browsers implement the same restriction on iframes as FF and Edge do.