Edit a payment?

Jacqueline Greenleaf jacque at book-woman.net
Mon Jun 27 10:29:32 EDT 2016

Yes, the “Process Payment” is a business function (Business > Customer > Process Payment). I have a nano-business, so I issue Invoices, which post to Accounts Receivable, and the Process Payment function makes the proper credit/debit when payment is received.

And yes, I found the “Void Transaction”.

I’m not a formally trained accountant/bookkeeper, but in a previous life, I got pretty good at QuickBooks. So I know what GnuCash should be able to do, but it is structured differently than QB, and GnuCash requires a greater knowledge of double-entry accounting, including terminology, than QB does.

While I’m quite sure that almost everything I want to know is somewhere in the gnu-cash manual, I am having a hard time finding it. When I left the job where I used QB, I left a simplified ‘How-to-do-X” manual behind for the next person, and I’m thinking that I might need to do the same for me for my own use of gnu-cash!