Can't open saved Windows7 files in Windows10

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 30 10:57:21 EDT 2016

Hi,

qcknezy <mikebroy at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, there is. I see assets, expenses, etc.
>
> The info is there. I just didn't go far enough down the tree to see the
> actual accounts. Once I did, I could click on the item and it would open the
> tab.
>
> Thanks for the assistance.

This implies you did not backup/restore your .gnucash directory, which
is where GnuCash stores its metadata, such as open windows/tabs, etc.
Either that or you renamed your data file.

In either case, the issue is that GnuCash could not find it's state file
to know what to re-open, so it started with just the raw account tree.

Your actual financial data is quite safe.

Good Luck!