PSD2 & XS2A

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jun 30 12:10:26 EDT 2016

> On Jun 30, 2016, at 8:19 AM, Jose Gómez <adler at dreamcoder.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've read about the EU banking directive for providing open APIs (PSD2 /
> XS2A).
>
> Is this something for which support could potentially be implemented in
> Gnucash? Or set up would be difficult and could only be done by third
> parties, such as Mint or Fintonic?
>
> I could see a great value for Gnucash being able to automatically
> synchronise the accounts for all EU banks.

GnuCash uses a third-party library called AQBanking [1] for online account access. It's likely that the maintainer, Martin Preuß, is working on a PSD2 plugin already. I quickly found another project [2] providing API documentation and a testing sandbox on Github. If you're interested in following or encouraging him you'll find mailing lists on the website.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] http://www.aquamaniac.de
[2] https://github.com/OpenBankProject/OBP-API