Expense Reports, increase number of account levels for charts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 2 11:40:54 EST 2016

Hi,

mich04 <rutansgarden at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I have been using gnucash for quite some time. I love the amount of
> flexibility it has. Recently I have been using it to track my groceries, How
> much I am spending on items Chicken breast, bread etc. The problem I am
> having is that it will only show 6 levels. Is there a way around this?
> Thanks

You would need to modify the report code, it's just scheme so open it
with your favorite text editor, and change the list to add more items.
After you make the change you will need to restart GnuCash to re-load
the report code.  The file you'll want to find is
report-system/options-utilities.scm and search in there for "depth".
You'll see the code and it should be obvious how to extend it.

Good Luck,