gnucash slowing as file size increases

Anne Judge anne.judge at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 3 11:55:23 EST 2016

On Mar 2, 2016, at 7:17 PM, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Philip Matthaei <pmathi60 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Lately since the file size got to 1,000 kb it takes quite a while to load. . .
>
> GnuCash allows you to save the data in the Sqlite3 database format. . . I
> don't know whether it opens faster under Windows, but you can try the
> Sqlite3 database format

I'd be really interested in hearing the experience of anyone who's tried both formats.

I'm just starting with GnuCash, after upgrading my Mac from Snow Leopard (10.6.8) to El Capitan (10.11) and thereby losing my old Quicken.  So far, so good.

But - in switching, I imported 19 years of transactions, and startup time is very slow.  If there's an easy way to speed this, I'd love to know about it!

Thanks,
Anne