scheme to retrieve the customer associated with a transaction

Macho Philipovich macho at resist.ca
Sat Mar 5 10:03:35 EST 2016

   Hi again,

   On 2016-03-03 01:23 PM, Macho Philipovich wrote:

If I could access the invoice, I suspect I could also resolve my final
remaining problem, which is that for expenses this approach returns the
vendor, while what I am after is the chargeback customer.

Hmm... THAT might be a bit harder.

   My next challenge! Alas, that means you may hear from me about this
   again …
   … sooner rather than later, as it turns out. I'm not particularly
   interested in whether specific entries in a Bill were marked as
   "Billable"—but only in determining which job and customer were set as
   the default chargebacks for the overall Bill. Glancing at the Gnucash
   source code, it looks to me as though something as simple as
   (gncInvoiceGetBillTo invoice) should do what I need, and return a
   GncOwner object representing either the job or customer, when these are
   set, or () when neither are. But I'm getting back () even for bills for
   which I believe a chargeback job has been set.
   Any thoughts on why this might be happening? Is it really the case that
   there's no way for me to tap into a debugger here? It’d be lovely to be
   able to browse the relevant invoice's member variables while the report
   script is executing.
   Thanks again!
   Macho