One click export from spreadsheets to GnuCash

One Click To Qif oneclicktoqif at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:07:21 EST 2016

Hi Tommy:

Yes I put there a lot of work, first for having it running for my own
use, then for making it generic at documented for general use.
Thanks for taking the time to test it and commenting the results.

First, the good news.
I think you should be able to easily get it running in OpenOffice Calc:
just don't click those buttons you mentioned; write the path to the
export folder in the green cell, and click the "Export" button. I
think(*) macros associated to this button are not Excel Windows
specific.

- "Select folder" button is just a help to not manually write the
folder, which is a one-time task
- "Format tabs" is just an utility to (conditional and normal) format
all the spreadsheet tabs.

(*) I have never used OpenOffice neither LibreOffice, and I did not
know they can execute Excel macros without much effort to translate
the programming language. I was planning to install them and translate
the macros, but as I derive from your mail they can execute VBA code,
so my guess is the examples can work just writing the folder and
clicking the "Export" button, which macros are not system specific.
Let me know if you can test that; in any case I will be installing
OO/LO and testing myself, and also trying to get the other utility
buttons to work.

You are right, I just did not identify the project as MS-Windows
specific as I did not figure out someone could try the .xlsx files on
OO, and I planned later OO versions. Now I am not sure if I should
create two different versions, or as you said, I should just use more
generic VBA functions.