Making sense of budgets in GnuCash - totally confused

Richard Walker trustmeimanengineer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:44:42 EDT 2016

Many thanks Cheryl,

*"do you have more than one top-level Expense account?"*
That's it! My first reaction was no of course not, but I did have a rouge
expense account sitting - I must have created it accidentally.

*"The budgeting feature assumes that there is only one and does not work if
there are multiples"*
Yep - so I see.

Thanks again,
Richard.