QBXML import

Andrew Moise andrew.moise at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 20:32:15 EDT 2016

  Hm, interoperating with a file format certainly *shouldn't* be something
Intuit can simply declare to be prohibited in open source software. If
you're making use of the SDK, you would obviously have to follow whatever
the terms of use of the SDK are, but just reading their data using your own
code is clearly permitted by copyright law.
  Or have I missed something? Do the Gnucash developers genuinely believe
that it would be legally improper to read .qbxml format files, or are they
mainly concerned about Intuit taking legal action against the project?
  -Andrew